Safety is at the very core of our business. It is part of our culture. We never take it for granted, and we are always looking for improvement. We expect everyone in the organisation to commit and contribute to a joint effort to eliminate accidents and incidents.
Policies and Practices
Through the use of many safety polices and practices we ensure that our safety record is second to none.
• Use of experienced, skilled and trained personnel
• Safety training – which is regularly updated
• Use of proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
• Use of proper tools and equipment
• Adoption of approved procedures
• Adherence to industry standards and Government regulations
• Use of Risk Assessments
• Safety Audits, Safety Seminars and Safety Meetings
National Irish Safety Organisation (NISO) awarded Kinsale Energy the Platinum Safety Award in 2012, 2011 and 2010. Kinsale Energy also received a special “Consistent High Achiever” Award 2008-2012. The Platinum Award is a special award made to previous winners of the Supreme Safety Award who show they have maintained/improved their adjudicated accident performance over a three year period. Kinsale Energy won the NISO Supreme Safety Award in 2009. Since winning the “Best New Entry Award” in 1998 the company won the “Best Medium Company award on four occasions (2000, 2002, 2006 & 2007), the “Best Business Category Award” on two occasions (2001 & 2004) and received a special “Consistent High Achievement Award” in 2008.